According to the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), two majors and six other Pakistan Army officers died in a helicopter crash in the Balochistan region of Harnai on Monday.
“All six personnel on board, including two pilots, have embraced shahadat after a helicopter crashed during a flying mission near Khost in Harnai, Balochistan,” ISPR said.
The following names of the martyred officials:
- 39-year-old Pilot Major Khurram Shahzad, an Attock local. He has one daughter and was married.
- 30-year-old Pilot Major Muhammad Muneeb Afzal is a Rawalpindi inhabitant. He has two boys and was married.
- Subedar Abdul Wahid, a 44-year-old local of Karak\’s Sabirabad village. Three sons and a daughter were among his three children from his previous marriage.
- Makhdoompur, Khanewal, inhabitant Sepoy Muhamad Imran, age 27. He has a son, two daughters, and a wife.
- Naik Jalil, 30, is from the Gujrat district\’s village of Bhutta, Lohara, Teh Kharian. He has two boys and was married.
- Sepoy Shoaib, 35, hails from the Attock district\’s Khatarphatti PO Syeeda Teh Jhand village. He has a son and was married.
The cause of the collision is still unknown.
Pak Army builds steel bridge in Swat
Political leaders have expressed their condolences and concerns in the wake of the shocking news because this is the second event of this nature in recent weeks.
Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif expressed his grief after hearing about the most recent crash.
Additionally, he prayed for the departed and their loved ones, noting that the entire nation felt the loss of the bereaved.
Fawad Chaudhry, senior vice president of PTI, claimed that helicopter operations had become risky and needed \”technical examination.\”
Senior journalist Ayaz Amir daughter-in-law murdered, son arrested