With Hajj season and Eid Ul Adha around the corner. On the same day when Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) performed his first and last Hajj. The words that are spoken are to be heard by the heart and implement in our daily lives. The whole khutbah is a gem. On the ninth day of Dhul-Hijjah,10 A.H (623AD in the Uranah Valley of Mount Arafat in Mecca. The occasion of annual rites of Hajj also knows as Farewell pilgrimage. Here are Some Opints From Last Sermon
\”O, People! Lend me an attentive ear, for I know not whether after this year I shall ever be amongst you again. Therefore, listen carefully to what I am saying and take these words to those who could not be present here today.\”
\”Return the things kept with you as trust (Amanah) to their rightful owners.\”
- In Last Sermon Holy Prophet (saw) spoke out vividly on racism at a time in the world where racism was very rampant, and we still see racism rampant today.
- Although, he said, \”The black is not superior to the white, nor the white superior to the black,\” in some other versions, he mentions people with red skin, which implies all other colors of races since red was used comprehensively as a term for colors in that time.
\”Oh, people, be mindful of those who work under you. Feed and clothe them as you feed and clothe yourselves.\”
- The Farewell Pilgrimage Sermon contains most of the Charter of Human Rights points, but this is only fully seen in the Holy Quran.
- The Holy Quran is the ultimate Charter of Human Rights. The Holy Prophet (saw) elaborated on some of those points, not all, in the Farewell Pilgrimage speech he gave on Arafat.
\”Allah has forbidden you to take usury (interest). Therefore all interest obligations shall henceforth be waived. Your capital is yours to keep. You will neither inflict nor suffer any inequity. Allah has judged that there shall be no interest.\”
- Return the goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners.
- Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you. Remember that you will indeed meet your Lord and that He will indeed reckon your deeds.
- Allah has forbidden you to take usury (interest). Therefore all interest obligations shall henceforth be waived.
- People, it is true that you have certain rights about your women, but they also have right over you. If they abide by your right, they belong the right to be fed and clothed in kindness.
- Do treat your women well and be kind to them, for they are your partners and committed helpers. And it is your right that they do not make friends with anyone of whom you do not approve, as well as never to commit adultery.
- Remember, one day, you will appear before Allah and answer for your deeds. So beware, do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.
- I leave behind me two things, the Qur\’an and my example, the Sunnah, and if you adhere to these, you will never go astray.
Spread the Good Word
- All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and others again, and perhaps the last ones might understand my words better than those who listened to me directly.
Don\’t get cheated
- O People, no prophet or apostle will come after me, and no new faith will be born.
ALso Read: 12 Favorite Food Of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
Hajj Sermon (Khutba) Will Be Translated Into 14 Languages, Including Urdu